UKPHR’s Annual Practitioners’ Conference 22 April & 29 April 2021 and Annual Innovation in Public Health awards
13 January 2021
We are opening registration for our Annual Practitioners’ Conference today. We had to postpone this Conference in 2020 because of COVID-19. We will hold the Conference, mornings only, over two Thursdays in April – 22nd April and 29th April.
We will be holding our Conference online via Zoom on these two dates. The theme for this year’s Conference in COVID-19 Challenges. On each day we will explore a different aspect of these challenges:
Day 1: 0930-1230 on Thursday 22 April 2021 COVID-19 challenges: how we responded
Day 2: 0930-1230 on Thursday 29 April 2021 COVID-19 challenges: what we will do next
Day 1 will focus on celebrating and supporting the work of practitioners, especially during the COVID-19 emergency. On this day, we will:
- Update our news of the Public Health Heroes campaign we have been running
- Launch UKPHR’s Employer Toolkit to encourage UKPHR Practitioner registration
- Announce the winners of the 2021 Annual Innovation in Public Health awards.
Day 1 will have breakout sessions focusing on topics related to COVID-19:
- Mental health and wellbeing of the population
- Resources available to support the Public Health workforce
- Innovative responses from the front line
- Inequalities explaining why some communities are more at risk from COVID-19.
Day 2 will focus on the public health workforce of the future. We will:
- Hear about the work of the new Public Health Scotland and England’s post-Public Health England arrangement
- Identify hot topics and vote on prioritising our response
- Renew our determination to improve the public’s health and wellbeing and reduce inequalities.
Day 2 will have breakout sessions that look forward towards new workforce arrangements:
- Communicating effectively including addressing fake news
- Explore employers’ attitudes towards practitioner registration
- Preparing for future health emergencies
- Public health workforce planning.
We are also launching our annual Innovation in Public Health awards today too. The awards recognise and showcase practitioners’ exceptional work in collaborative working, education and training, and translating evidence into practice, as well as commemorating the innovative research work of the late Allison Thorpe.
The-all important Innovation in Public Health awards are open for nominations from today and the closing date for nominations is at 5pm on 5 March 2021, so if you think you know someone who deserves a nomination, don’t delay! You can find out more about the awards and make your nomination here.
To find out more and to register for the Conferences, please click the links below. Registration is FREE and you can register for one or both of the two days.
Tickets will be available until 31 March 2021:
Day 1: 0930-1230 on Thursday 22 April 2021 Covid-19 challenges: how we responded
Day 2: 0930-1230 on Thursday 29 April 2021 Covid-19 challenges: what we will do next
We look forward to seeing you there!
Comments are closed.