UKPHR are recruiting a new Registrar
UKPHR invites applications for appointment to the post of Honorary Registrar. The post is unpaid except for reimbursement of expenses and support for Continuing Professional Development.
The Registrar is accountable to the Board of UKPHR as Responsible Officer.
The post holder will be responsible for leading UKPHR’s regulatory function supported by UKPHR’s Board and paid staff. The Registrar is responsible for ensuring high quality professional public health practice by all UKPHR’s registrants.
The Registrar also shares with the Board responsibility for UKPHR’s financial and operational sustainability and its effectiveness commensurate with leading a regulatory body.
The time commitment is variable but the Registrar can expect weekly involvement in registration activities. UKPHR’s paid staff provide full administrative support.
- Accountable to the Board for the integrity of the register
- Responsible for the quality assurance of the processes for the assessment, registration, fitness to practise, revalidation and restoration of individuals
- Chair of the Registration Approvals Committee
- Attend meetings of the Board
- Uphold the standards UKPHR sets for admitting individuals to the register, ensuring that registrants maintain those standards in order to remain on the register and applying those standards whenever a question arises as to whether registrants should be removed from the register; following UKPHR’s achievement of accreditation of its voluntary register by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA), UKPHR has also accepted the standards for voluntary registers set by PSA
- Apply, monitor compliance with, evaluate and review UKPHR’s Code of Conduct
- Remove from the register any individual for good cause, including unfitness, breach of CPD requirements or failure to pay registration fees.
For an informal discussion about the post and/or to request an application form, please telephone 0121 296 4370 and ask for David Kidney or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to read the job description, person specification and background information.
Applications must be received on or before 4pm on Monday 09 January 2016