LGA have published the Standards for employers of public health teams in England
Today the Local Government Association has published The Standards for employers of public health teams in England. These Employer Standards are the outcome of work carried out by the Standing Group on Local Public Health Teams and follows consultation on draft standards last Autumn.
The purpose of the Employer Standards is to enable employers to provide a well-led and supportive professional environment enable public health professionals to maintain their professionalism.
In summary, the Employer Standards provide employers with five areas of activity in support of their professional public health workforce:
- Employers should establish effective partnerships, internally and externally, to support the delivery of public health and enhance education and continuing professional development;
- Employers should use effective workforce planning systems to make sure that a workforce is available to deliver public health outcomes;
- Employers should provide opportunities for effective continuing professional development and access to up-to-date research and relevant knowledge;
- Employers should ensure public health specialists and practitioners, nurses and other professional staff can maintain their professional registration and undergo professional revalidation if appropriate; and
- Employers should support the creation and maintenance of a qualified workforce, ensuring that public health teams have regular and appropriate opportunities for professional education, training and development.
Comments are closed.