4. Maintaining your CPD as a practitioner
UKPHR’s CPD requirements for practitioner registrants have been suspended from April 2020 until April 2022. However, we encourage you to continue to record your CPD activities where you can.
UKPHR has set mandatory CPD requirements for Practitioner registrants as follows.
Practitioners must meet UKPHR’s standard which is the standard published by the Faculty of Public Health (or an alternative professional equivalent) namely:
- participants must submit a minimum of three, and a maximum of six reflective notes each financial year,
- each reflective note must be linked to one or more PDP objective(s),
- there is no longer any requirement to record CPD points
How does UKPHR check practitioner CPD compliance?
You will declare each year through your annual renewal declaration form that you are complying with your CPD requirements. You will not be requested to provide evidence. Please see extract below:
- I declare that I am aware of the CPD requirements for continued registration, and I am undertaking learning appropriate to my practice and am maintaining CPD reflective notes and suitable evidence.
- I am aware that I must retain my records of compliance with the CPD requirements and produce them to UKPHR on request for audit and/or revalidation purposes.
UKPHR will not conduct CPD audits for its practitioner registrants because UKPHR is satisfied with the audit process employed by the Faculty of Public Health.
You will be required to provide evidence of CPD at the time of your 5-yearly re-registration. This will either be in the form of your FPH certificates for the past 5 years or your CPD reflective notes per financial year over the past 5 years.
UKPHR does not specify a template for recording your own CPD and supporting evidence such as certificates of attendance are not required to be submitted unless UKPHR requests this information. However, UKPHR has produced a reflective note template should you wish to use this to record your reflective notes.
If you have been exempt from submitting a CPD return by the Faculty for any of the years, you must provide evidence of this. If you do not use the Faculty’s CPD diary, please contact us at email@example.com to request an exemption for your CPD.
If you are looking for CPD courses and training, you may find HEE’s Practitioner’s Education and Training directory helpful, as it provides links to education and training opportunities.