4. Maintaining your CPD as a practitioner
UKPHR has approved a CPD policy for registered practitioners. The CPD requirement is:
- to complete a minimum requirement of 15 hours of relevant CPD per financial year;
- together with reflective comment for each CPD activity;
- and a minimum of 75 hours over a 5-year cycle;
- to include 1/3 of the minimum required CPD relevant to the UKPHR eight areas of practice;
- and at least 1/2 of the minimum required CPD to a Personal Development Plan.
UKPHR have published a CPD log template for practitioners. However, registrants are welcome to maintain their CPD in their own prescribed log.
If you are looking for CPD courses and training, you may find HEE’s Practitioner’s Education and Training directory helpful, as it provides links to education and training opportunities.
How does UKPHR check practitioner CPD compliance?
You will declare each year through your annual renewal declaration form that you are complying with your CPD requirements. You will not be requested to provide evidence. Please see extract below:
- I declare that I am aware of the CPD requirements for continued registration, and I am undertaking learning appropriate to my practice and am maintaining a CPD log with suitable evidence, including reflective comment.
- I am aware that I must retain my records of compliance with the CPD requirements and produce them to UKPHR on request for audit and/or revalidation purposes.
UKPHR conducts a CPD audit of its practitioner registrants every year. Registrants are selected at random with a view to check their compliance with our CPD requirement. It is not in the nature of “pass” or “fail” but rather whether registrants are on track to meet the CPD requirement over time. To decide whether or not you will be required to submit your CPD log and evidence, registrants are invited to complete a short questionnaire. If a response is not received within the prescribed timeframe, UKPHR have under the CPD requirement the power to require you to submit to UKPHR for inspection your CPD log and evidence. UKPHR will study your answers to the questionnaire and make a judgement whether or not we need to see your CPD log and evidence.
In addition to the possible request to submit your CPD log for audit purposes, you will be required to provide your CPD log for the preceding 5-years during your application for re-registration. You will not be required to submit your supporting evidence for re-registration purposes.