4. 5-yearly revalidation for specialists
The purpose of revalidation is to conduct a more rigorous check than at each annual renewal so as to monitor fitness to practise and promote improvement in the quality of public health practice.
UKPHR’s Board have agreed to implement revalidation for all specialist registrants from 1st April 2019.
You will be contacted 6 months prior to your revalidation date with a request to submit your application. Reminders will follow until you acknowledge your upcoming deadline. If your application is not received in full before your revalidation date, your status on the register will automatically be reverted to ‘lapsed’ and your name will not be visible on the publicly viewable register.
You will be provided 3 months to complete the requirements and within this time, UKPHR staff are able to revert your status to ‘current’ with no additional fee. Beyond these 3 months, registrants are required to apply for restoration. For more information on how to apply for restoration, please click here.
The requirements for revalidation are as follows:
- Confirmation of engagement in annual Professional Appraisal
- Confirmation of engagement in annual Personal Development Planning
- Health & Conduct declaration
- Confirmation of Indemnity arrangements
- Evidence of CPD within a five year registration cycle
- Quality Improvement Activity – demonstrated by completion of a 360 feedback report completed within a five year registration cycle using a tool approved by UKPHR. You can find a list of tools approved by UKPHR here
- Confirmation of Compliance via reference
To find more about the requirements for revalidation, please click here.